One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Herbal Hair Care

I decided to start utilizing my herb garden for uses other than culinary.  We love to add them to our food, but I wanted to start making our own hair care products from scratch.  I also want to see if it will save us money on buying manufactured shampoo and other items.


Yesterday, I made a hair rinse using my sage.  I decided to also make a leave-in conditioner for dry hair, using sage.  Once my lavender starts producing more, I can utilize that as well.





This morning my youngest daughter and myself, tried the conditioner.  I myself, used the rinse also.  Wow!  My hair is so soft too.  With 4 girls in the house, and dry hair, I will save so much money on conditioner.  Now, the next venture is to make shampoo.  Hopefully, I can locate an inexpensive, and homemade recipe to try.

No comments: