Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Herbal Hair Care

I decided to start utilizing my herb garden for uses other than culinary.  We love to add them to our food, but I wanted to start making our own hair care products from scratch.  I also want to see if it will save us money on buying manufactured shampoo and other items.


Yesterday, I made a hair rinse using my sage.  I decided to also make a leave-in conditioner for dry hair, using sage.  Once my lavender starts producing more, I can utilize that as well.





This morning my youngest daughter and myself, tried the conditioner.  I myself, used the rinse also.  Wow!  My hair is so soft too.  With 4 girls in the house, and dry hair, I will save so much money on conditioner.  Now, the next venture is to make shampoo.  Hopefully, I can locate an inexpensive, and homemade recipe to try.

No comments: