One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 3 of Bread Making

I did it!  I used a recipe from Oklahoma Pastry Cloth, and the dough was perfect.

Other than an annoying air bubble in the center, and that it should have baked a few more minutes, it was the best bread yet.  I can't wait to have a pastry cloth to make this baking easier and less messy. 

5 comments:

Candy C. said...

Yea Kristina! That is one good looking loaf of bread!

LDH said...

What a delicious looking loaf of bread! I love to bake bread.

I had my mom over this afternoon and made two pizzas. The dough was a dream to work with. :)

Kristina said...

There are so many more recipes to try also. I made this one with white flour, because I am all out of whole wheat. The family is getting very spoiled, ha ha!

Yesterday's Farm said...

Your bread is very pretty!!! Looks good! :)

Yesterday's Farm said...

Your bread is very pretty!! Looks good! :)