One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Biscuits and Herbs ~ And Another Project

If you enjoyed our family's favorite biscuit recipe, you may try adding chopped fresh herbs to the dough next time.  We love adding chopped rosemary for a fun flavor.  There are so many ways you can flavor them.

We have not yet used our telescope for our star gazing.  The clouds have taken over.  Tonight might be a good night.

And as if I have all the time in the world, I have started another project.  I may have to learn how to make a comfrey salve yet.  

My knuckles are pretty sore from crocheting, knitting, and holding books.  As soon as my allergies give me a break, I will be back to the garden for picking peas, lettuce and weeding the flower beds.


I purchased 5 heirloom Painted Lady Runner beans, and all five have come up.  They will have blossoms on them, and that is why they are planted in the flower/herb beds. 

And the Bee Balm I planted a few years ago, is finally going to have flowers this year.





Although I didn't take a photo, I have 2 of the heirloom redbud trees doing very nicely.  The first ones were flooded out by the rains we had.  However, a few more seeds have started to sprout.  They are still small, so it will be a few years yet, but we have never planted trees from seeds before. 

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

Wow, I have never planted trees from seeds before either, keep us posted on how they do. Hope your allergies get better soon!