Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The weird, the crazy and the just plain lazy


I just heard from a friend, and was reminded that their family has an armadillo for a pet.  That’s correct, an armadillo.  Weird and crazy huh?  I think it’s interesting.  So now I don’t consider us “crazy” for having chickens and a baby goat inside earlier this spring.  Of course, they are all outside now, but babies need to be protected from weather and predators.

As for the “lazy” in my post title, my 8th grade daughter left her 4-H binder out in the rain.  It was totally soaked and she was drying pages with a fan yesterday afternoon.  Although she was upset, we still laughed about it.  She claims it was my fault on hurrying everyone to plant before it rained.  Either way, she found her binder and the garden (most of it) has been planted.

And the rain keeps coming too.  We get spurts of sunshine in between, long enough to dry laundry and dry out the garden, but it keeps coming.  I continue to dream of camping again soon.


1 comment:

larkspur funny farm said...

I get around this by having a farm named "Larkspur Funny Farm" it is there to warn everyone that this is not your normal place. I like it that way - it gives me the freedom to be who I am strangeness and all.