Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Potato Patch

The temperature here reached up in the 90’s yesterday, and the weather is to be even hotter today.  We spent most of the day doing car repairs (gas leak, flat tire), weeding out, and adding more dirt to the potato plants.  

Today, I will be heading back out to finish the potatoes, and start weeding throughout the peas and lettuce.  You can see in the photo, in the back, where the weeds are coming up. 



 Behind the potatoes, are shallots, onions, lettuce and peas.  We have not planted our cabbage, kohlrabi, and a few more.  We have resorted to buying plants vs. seeds, due to the abundance of rain.  We were also very late in starting seeds indoors this year.  I did sprinkle flower seeds, and hope to have some color soon, in the flower beds.

2 comments:

Deborah Moon Moen said...

Oh your garden looks wonderful ! mine is just starting we had our last frost (I hope) yesterday morning. I am in Utah and the long winter has drifted far long into spring. I am going to add your blog to my site. I love it.
www.LittleUtahFarm.Blogspot.com

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks for visiting. We are just now getting beans up and cucumbers. My squash has yet to make an appearance. We've had so much rain that planting was delayed.