One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, May 27, 2011

Loving Surprises ~ Old Post Card Collection and More

I am very thrilled to be the next family member to cherish this post card collection.  It contains post cards that are older than 44 years old.  I can’t wait to share them with my family and, someday soon, pass them on to one of them.

Yesterday, my Aunt sent me a box of “goodies” and in it was a valentine from 1924.  It was a 2nd place prize for a drawing contest.  I believe it belonged to my grandmother.  Again, this too will be passed down in the family.  I just may have to frame the card to preserve it.
Boy, I love these kinds of surprises.  They make me realize that I need to slow down in life and enjoy it.



1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

What family heirlooms! It is relaxing to look at old things and dream of simplier times. ~Val