One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Canning Jelly ~ Crocheting Teacher Gift

I added 3 ½ more pints of grape jelly to our cupboard.  I would like to try making sugar free jellies/jams soon also.



I finished a hot pad set for my 3rd grader’s teacher, and am contemplating making her a 3rd surprise one to go with it.


I hope the colors I used are well liked by her.  It was a special request from my daughter.

Sets such as these will soon go in my on-line "store" that has yet to officially open (Visit Pioneer Patchwork Homespun for a sneak peak).

2 comments:

Ellipsis said...

Very nice! What type of stitch did you use for the hotpads?

Kristina said...

I used a crab stitch, which is also called a reverse stitch.