Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Table Talk


“Why do you even put one on the table Mom?” 

That is a good question.  I love to add a touch of “home” to my kitchen with an antique table cloth.  It’s a new tradition in our home, and one that I think will stay. I don’t intentionally shop for them.  For some reason, they seem to show up here and there on there own.  


The second one from the left, has a 1961 pattern date on it.  I did not pay more than $4 for each of these larger ones, and no more than $2.00 for the square or round smaller ones.  The kids seeing them on the table too. 

And although these are "antique" I buy them to use them.  I also came across a large cloth seed bag that will most likely be re-purposed into something new.

No comments: