One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I got my bucket "filled"


My 9 year-old daughter reused a plastic container.  She surprised me with a “bucket” and “happy” fillers for me.  Inside, are new pencils, pens, erasers, gum, and more.  She also included a note to tell me she loved me.

Have you filled a “bucket” for someone today?  Thank someone, surprise someone, make someone feel special and appreciated today.


It's funny, because I often tell  my kids to stop dipping their spoons into my happy vat (space around me), to encourage them to stay positive throughout the day.  If the are being negative, I often express this, to remind them their words and actions can suck the happiness out of someone's day.   

I'm tickled to receive my "bucket" of happiness.  I will have to use my pens and pencils to write today.

No comments: