Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 15, 2011

From the Garden Journal, Gratitude Journal and Making Progress

From the Garden Journal. . .

….planted spinach just before the rain arrived.  We also put 3 redbud tree seeds to soak, and hope to get them outside during the rain tomorrow.  We purchased Aunt Harriet's redbud seed pods from Amishland Heirloom Seeds in Reamstown, PA.  I cut the first fresh chives from one of the herb gardens this year.  It complimented our mashed potatoes at dinner.


From the Gratitude Journal. . .

Today I am thankful for:

1.    Coffee
2.    My children
3.    Our farm animals
4.    Our pets
5.    Friends
6.    My Mom
7.    My siblings
8.    My extended families
9.    Mail delivery
10. My clotheslines

Making Progress . . .

Bottom door is complete.  Now for the top door.


Articles you may enjoy also:





No comments: