One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Finishing the Unfinished


This week, my master bedroom is on the flylady’s schedule to clean.  I spent as much time in there as I could, but with 2 sick children, it slowed down by noon.

My bedroom is where my mother’s old sewing machine is, and there are unfinished projects screaming at me to finish them.  I did succeed in finishing this pillow.


The front of the pillow was sent to me by a friend, who surprised me with a package of fun mail.  The pillow insert was given to me by my sister-in-law, and the backing material was in my craft supplies.  It’s funny how this project all came together.  The backing fabric has been in my supplies since 1998, when I sewed my first pair of kitchen curtains. 

No comments: