Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bartering is not forgotten

Bartering is still being done today.  In fact, our families have been bartering services good and other items, without even realizing it.  I made my first crocheted throw to barter with another farmgirl.  I'm amazed at the talents of this woman.  I sew, but don't really enjoy it, and have not mastered the art of it.  I am thrilled to be able to barter with her for our homemade aprons, which I'll post pictures of later.  Here is the first item I made for her.





We all have talents.  I think most of us are afraid to commit to it, take time for it, or lack confidence in our work.  I challenge you all to barter one homemade or handmade item this month.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful throw! Looking forward to seeing your aprons soon, too!