One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bartering is not forgotten

Bartering is still being done today.  In fact, our families have been bartering services good and other items, without even realizing it.  I made my first crocheted throw to barter with another farmgirl.  I'm amazed at the talents of this woman.  I sew, but don't really enjoy it, and have not mastered the art of it.  I am thrilled to be able to barter with her for our homemade aprons, which I'll post pictures of later.  Here is the first item I made for her.





We all have talents.  I think most of us are afraid to commit to it, take time for it, or lack confidence in our work.  I challenge you all to barter one homemade or handmade item this month.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

What a beautiful throw! Looking forward to seeing your aprons soon, too!