One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Day of the New Year

There's nothing better than sitting around in my pajamas, doing nothing but whatever I feel like, and enjoying leftovers from New Year's Eve.

We make our "chex mix" a bit different, and use Crispix cereal.  I was so lucky to have coupons for the cereal this year.  The cereal is not cheap.  This is a tradition for our family that I carried over from childhood.  We are fighting over the leftovers so I hid it earlier in the day. He he he!  They are already asking where I put it.  Ha ha ha! Around here you have to hide it if you want it later.

No comments: