One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 6, 2010

I broke 10,000 words by noon!

The NaNoWriMo Web site is once again experiencing overload, and I am unable to access it to post my word count.  As of now, I am up to 10,002.  Despite a dog whining to go out, a daughter running into my writing room to scream, "We're getting a 23 pound turkey for Thanksgiving!" my 11 year-old dropping and breaking a glass that I had not even put into cupboard 2 hours ago and from my mother, my 8 year-old later stepping into the glass with bare feet and running tip toe to me crying, the very load Colbert report my 18 year-old son insists listening to while washing dishes, and a beeping of the washing machine signaling that it needs to put put outside on the line, I am still reaching my daily word count goal.  

Wood splitting day is approaching, so by bedtime, my goal is to double today's word count.

I think the kids will be cooperating from now on.  Two of them have been added to my novel.  They've been warned.  Bwahahaha!!!

No comments: