One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, November 19, 2010

Celebration!

My 16 year old was inducted into the National Honor Society yesterday.  I had no idea what a huge thing this was, until I saw the ceremony myself.  She is the first of my kids to join.  In honor of her celebration, I baked Trapper's Oat bread and made homemade hot cranberry punch.
I dug out my old nut chopper to chop the walnuts.  I laughed when I heard that one of my kids was asking the other, "What is this thing?"

No comments: