Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Unadorned Pleasures in Life

After reading ladaisi's blog post about her "optimistic" list, I decided to write my own.  It inspired me to go and read the original post at the Optimal Optimist blog also.  And in no particular order, here is my list:

1. The smell of sheets after they have dried on the line outside.
2. Hearing the rain fall.
3. Listening to my rooster crow in the morning.
4. The smell of coffee brewing.
5. Listening to a marching band.
6. The feel of cold sheets and pillows.
7. Sitting in my rocker on the front porch.
8. Cooking a meal over a campfire, including making coffee.
9. Sipping hot cranberry punch on a cold day.
10. The feel of sunshine on my skin
11. Writing with a new pen.
12. The smell of fallen dry leaves.
13. Looking at my flowers outside.
14. The taste of the omelets that my husband makes for me.
15. The smell of an evergreen sprig.

Thanks to both of your blogs, you have inspired me and have encouraged my kids to do the same! 

1 comment:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, what a great list. I think I enjoy everything you have listed as well!

Sweet place you have here! I have enjoyed visiting and perusing several of your posts!

Kindly, ldh