Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Red ribbon week for the kids

Today is "interesting hat day" to celebrate a week long red ribbon week at my kids school.  In a last minute search, I remembered a hat I sewed for another daughter several years ago.  The school system they were in at the time required them to create a Renaissance costume, and wear it to school.  I had sewed a hat for my daughter's Swordsman, and yes there were woman who did that back in the day.  Anyway, the hat was tucked into the dress-up/costume boxes over the years and today was getting good use of it.  I have to say that I can't believe I sewed that hat.  I'll try to get a picture of it when my 8 year-old brings it home today.

The hat looked similar to this hat

No comments: