One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hankering for another Crackly Pear Cake


I have not baked this pear cake since last year.  It was delicious.  We do not have pear trees on our property and we were unable to get them from a family member this year.  We plan to plant more citrus trees next spring. 

It would be nice to make this cake next weekend, to welcome my husband back from a week long business trip.  And while he's gone I think I will work on cleaning up the place, including raking leaves to add to the compost bin.  I think I'll spruce up the bedroom, take recycling to the recycling center and a few other chores my husband does not enjoy doing.  I need to have my writing space clutter free for the upcoming writing month as well.  I better make sure the fridge is stocked well and the kitchen decluttered too. 

No comments: