One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, September 13, 2010

Splitting my first cord of wood

I have already split wood before today (by hand), but am making a goal to split one cord by myself.  For every woman out there who has ever split a cord of wood by hand, I give you a great big hug.  My fingers, thumbs, and wrists are so sore after today.  We had many stump pieces about 3 feet wide by about 1 1/2 feet tall, that needed split.  I definitely won't be splitting a full cord today.

No comments: