Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Diving right into Autumn with a touch of Winter

I'm making our family recipe for Hot cranberry punch for the family today.  The kids will be very excited to find a nice hot autumn drink simmering on the stove.

I also took whatever I had on hand and created a delicious pumpkin cake - minus frosting.
 Of course I had to try a small piece to make sure it tasted okay.  With one child now home sick, I have the DVD, "All is Calm" playing on the TV for her and I.  If you love winter scenes, especially peaceful ones, light falling snow, accompanied by peaceful music (some Christmas music), you'll really enjoy it.  In a way, it the music has be getting excited about the upcoming holidays.  It makes me feel like making Christmas tree ornaments instead of cleaning (and what I should be doing right now).

No comments: