Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Project Updates

My 8 year-old's blanket now reaches the measurements of 6 ft 2 inches wide, and 40 1/2 inches long. She's begging me to stop and give it to her as is, but I had to explain that I need to finish it. She's so eager to have it. I have already spent more than 20 hours on this blanket. I have to say, this is my favorite so far, in the 3 blankets I have crocheted.



Here is an update on my embroidery sampler. I have added another stictch since this photo. You can see, it's a bit wrinkled from holding the material. I'm really enjoying making this, but will probably make another in five years to check my progress.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love that your daughter it so excited about her blanket. This must make the project so much more rewarding. It will be something she can enjoy for many, many years. I still have a blanket my great aunt crocheted for me 30 years ago!