One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Project Updates

My 8 year-old's blanket now reaches the measurements of 6 ft 2 inches wide, and 40 1/2 inches long. She's begging me to stop and give it to her as is, but I had to explain that I need to finish it. She's so eager to have it. I have already spent more than 20 hours on this blanket. I have to say, this is my favorite so far, in the 3 blankets I have crocheted.



Here is an update on my embroidery sampler. I have added another stictch since this photo. You can see, it's a bit wrinkled from holding the material. I'm really enjoying making this, but will probably make another in five years to check my progress.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love that your daughter it so excited about her blanket. This must make the project so much more rewarding. It will be something she can enjoy for many, many years. I still have a blanket my great aunt crocheted for me 30 years ago!