One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, August 16, 2010

Embroidery Sampler ~ Making progress


Here is the beginning stage of my embroidery sampler. I used a fine cross-stitch material I had on had as scrap material. The spaces make practice stitching easier. It's been years since I did any embroidery. 


I've added more stitches since I started, and I have to say, I'm glad I'm stitching again. Giving myself the goal of one stitch a day, keeps it less overwhelming. The garden keeps me very busy, but in a good "busy" way.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I really like this. I have plans to make a stitch "book" for my daughter.

I always have something to stitch or crochet within reach.

Have a beautiful day.