One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 24, 2010

What's cookin' from your garden?

The other day I decided to take whatever I had ready to been picked from the garden, and roasted them all with dried herbs from the herb garden.  I tossed in salt and lots of pepper and they were delicious.
That same night I had many roma tomatoes, so I decided to make the kids favorite dip for crackers.  I have not made this in 2 years, so it was time to have it again.  I took the photo before I topped it with shredded mozzarella cheese.  I believe I got the recipe from the wheat thin box.  This one is similar, only I use mozzarella cheese for ours:  Easy Layered Tomato Dip.


And today I have made a new recipe with zucchini.  Zucchini Pie with Crumb Topping.  Although my pie does not look anything like the one on the recipe photo, we will be digging into it for a family tasting.  I'll be back to give you an update.

Back with a rating for this pie!  It was was delicious! 

No comments: