Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 24, 2010

What's cookin' from your garden?

The other day I decided to take whatever I had ready to been picked from the garden, and roasted them all with dried herbs from the herb garden.  I tossed in salt and lots of pepper and they were delicious.
That same night I had many roma tomatoes, so I decided to make the kids favorite dip for crackers.  I have not made this in 2 years, so it was time to have it again.  I took the photo before I topped it with shredded mozzarella cheese.  I believe I got the recipe from the wheat thin box.  This one is similar, only I use mozzarella cheese for ours:  Easy Layered Tomato Dip.


And today I have made a new recipe with zucchini.  Zucchini Pie with Crumb Topping.  Although my pie does not look anything like the one on the recipe photo, we will be digging into it for a family tasting.  I'll be back to give you an update.

Back with a rating for this pie!  It was was delicious! 

No comments: