Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, July 19, 2010

Herb drying and mixing it up

With the help of a book I borrowed from a library, I located a recipe for a dry Italian mix.  I used dry herbs, as many as I could, from my herb garden to make it.  We then used it to flavor a cucumber spread to top slices of pumpernickel bread.  We toasted the bread, topped it with the herb flavored spread, and topped that with sliced cucumbers. 

There is no end to utilizing my herbs, eating healthy, and saving money.  I can't wait to mix up another dry herb mix.

No comments: