One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Garden Bounty Blessings

This is a homemade Kohlrabi and Squash Frittata I made for brunch (my own recipe). I used everything from the garden and our farm fresh eggs.

I picked a bunch of green beans and made a homemade summer vegetable spaghetti sauce to pour over organic whole wheat noodles. The recipe is in the Cardiac Recovery Cookbook.  The recipe I linked it too is the exact same recipe I have, but on another Web site.


For a side, I pulled beets and roasted them with onions, olive oil, dried thyme and fresh sprigs of rosemary (from the herb garden of course). Sprinkled with sea salt.  YUM! I absolutely love these.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: