Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Friendship Braids

The girls are busy making friendship braids for another Young Cultivator certificate.  In fact, my 8 year-old was creative enough to measure around my wrist to make a miniature friendship braid to use to tie around the bottom of my hair when it's braided.  She used leftover scraps of yarn.  She was tickled to see me have it in my hair this morning.

2 comments:

KD75 said...

Are they using DMC for those? Or just scrap yarn?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

They used scrap cotton yarn, the type that I use for crocheting dishcloths. DMC would work too, for a smaller braid.