One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, June 25, 2010

What is this?



We have these small orange worms on our potato leaves. They are eating away and I keep picking them off. We don't use chemicals, so that is out of the question.

I tried looking these up on the Internet but nothing under potato pests comes up in my search. Any idea what these are and can I pick them off and feed them to my chickens?

3 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I have no idea. Have you tried bringing a photo to your local garden center? They will probably be able to identify it.

Karrieann said...

it looks like a larve of COLORADO POTATO BEETLE!
http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef312.asp

Karrieann said...

...forgot to mention, from a bit of research, it appears that chickens do not like them.