Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, May 17, 2010

Recycling Flannel Pajamas ~ Rag Rolled Hair

I cut up a pair of old flannel pajamas. We saved the buttons
for another project, and cut the fabric into strips. I rolled sections of my 8 year-old's hair into the pieces of cut flannel and tied once. Only one fell out overnight.

It really does make nice hair curls. She can't wait to share how she got these beautiful curls today, and without electricity or store bought curlers.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tombstone Livestock said...

That brings back memories, my mother used to set my hair on toilet paper, she would take the square fold it across to form a triangle, fold again then roll my hair up into it and tie. I have pictures of tight blond curls just like Shirley Temple's.