One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday Family Fun

I warned the kids that I would blog about them today.  I almost forgot too.   While trying to fight boredom on Sunday, my 16 year-old daughter jumps up on the coffee table and starts singing into my hairbrush - off tune.  Meanwhile, I was trying to read No Plot? No Problem!, while my 10 year-old gave me a hair-do.  This was not easy considering she was ripping my hair out.  My 8 year-old daughter was sitting on the couch, painting her toe nail with a purple sharpie.  That was after I caught her drawing on the palm of her hand with it.  It was a permanent sharpie no less.

Finally, they broke out Hullabaloo and got some of their energy out.  A game of Upwards followed that. Phew! No more singing.

And they think I'm crazy!

No comments: