Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, March 8, 2010

Foxy Loxy is back ~ Close call for one of our dogs

Well, I decided to take the dogs outside, sit in a lawn chair, and soak up the sun  - in my slippers.  Bad move.  I heard it but I didn't know what it was.  One of our dogs kept sniffing the air so I was keeping a close eye on him.

Then, all of the sudden they darted and I screamed until my throat hurt, and chased after them through mud, leaves, and snow.  One of our dogs bolted across the 2 lane highway and would not come back.  Thank goodness there was no traffic was passing.  And then I saw him.  A small animal running across the empty field. 

To make sure of what it was, I googled the sound of a fox.  The dogs went crazy! And yes, it was the fox.  He's back.  Good thing the chickens are still in their pen.  Phew! 

That was a bit scary for me too.  I thought our dog would not come back and he just stood there in the road.  Now I have a headache and dirty slippers.  I guess I better have running shoes on the next time I take them out, and maybe even take a quick walk around.

No comments: