One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowmen and Snow and Getting Caught


Here is a photo of the two snowmen we built.  When we built them, the sun was shining brightly.  This is from yesterday morning, when we had a frosting of sorts. Can you see the evergreen hair on the larger snowman!  My kids keep telling me he looks "evil" so I have to build another one this year.  I was just working with nature to build my snowmen -sticks, evergreen sprigs, and a carrot.  If you look at the bottom of the smaller one, my youngest 8 year-old daughter made a baby snowman. 

Today, these snowmen are decorated with yellow spots.  One of our dogs decided they needed to mark their spot - on both of them!   I'm sure the kids will laugh about it when the get home from school.

As for me getting caught, well this is funny.  Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I hear my 13 year-old daughter yell "Mother!  I object" as she walked briskly to my bedroom.  Raising my eyebrows, I asked her what in the world was she talking about.  Trailing her footsteps, was my 8 year-old daughter.

"What's this I hear that you write her (pointing to my 8 year-old) notes and give her a piece of candy every day - in her lunch?!" she loudly demanded.

"uh..." was all I could say.

So, I was caught.  I was asked to write notes in their lunches and give them a surprise piece of candy.  Just after that, my 8 year-old daughter asked if I "notered her."  As I sit here, I just realized I wrote one for the other kids, and had planned to write out one for my 8 year-old, but forgot.  Ugh!  I'm going to be in big trouble when she gets home.  How could I have forgot?!  I better make sure she gets "notered" tomorrow with an extra piece of candy.

No comments: