Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, February 22, 2010

My Freezer Garden ~ Homemade Zucchini bread

Sunday was a hoot!  The kids ran back to my bedroom, where I was eating my breakfast in bed (made by my husband), and asked "Is it really true today is Pajama Day?"

"Yes, it's true!"

After eating my delicious farm fresh egg omelet, I decided to make my mother's homemade zucchini bread.  I had frozen shredded zucchini last summer (from our garden) and used farm fresh eggs again.  Yum.  I decided to make mini-muffins so the kids could take them in their school lunches today.  I love baking, and if the garden is involved I love it even more.

 

This morning the kids had a school delay, and some of the kids wanted to eat these for breakfast.  They also asked me to make more!  They are not low fat or low calorie, but I did use my bountiful garden, even during the winter.
I cannot wait to get the spring garden growing again.  There is so much to appreciate and be thankful for.

No comments: