One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, February 15, 2010

Building Snowmen ~ Winter Highlight Moment

Well, I did it.  I built 2 snowmen, and the kids think I have lost my mind.  In their opinion, what mother of my age goes out to build a snowman, without her children?  He he he!  The caught me.  As I was rolling the giant snow balls around the yard to pack on more, they were gawking at me from the upstairs window.

A few minutes later, my son came out laughing and helping build one too.  Not soon after that, my oldest daughter was peeking around the side of the house - with the video camera!  They were so  shocked at my "childlike" behavior that they had to out it on tape.

I can now sit in my work space, and view the snowmen as I write today.  I need two more on the other side so my view is all about fun, fun, fun!  You should see them this morning.  I put sprigs of evergreen on the top of the larger one for hair.  We had a bit of freezing rain or drizzle, so everything this morning has a beautiful coat of white.  Just gorgeous.

No comments: