One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 29, 2010

"You always said you wanted to be a pioneer"

Today I am reminded by my kids that I have always wanted to live like the pioneers.  We, once again, have no hot water.  However, I am thankful we have running cold water, so that the toilets can be flushed, and animals fed.  It could be worse.

In a way I am glad.  I can take a break from my morning routine and go about my day differently.  I do hope that I have no visitors with the way my hair and face look!  Plus the van is undergoing repairs and evaluations.  So, what would a writermom do stuck at home without a hot shower to wake her up?  I'm not sure yet.  Without my shower I don't feel like I have completely awakened.  Maybe I'll write about that feeling.

No comments: