Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Classroom Parties ~ It's a Tradition to Make a Treat and Ornament

I volunteered to bring the candy treat for my 2nd grader's class.  It took a while to figure out what I would make.  I have made a lot over the years and did not really want to do the same things I have done in the past.  So far, I have about 17 snowman treat containers started.  Enlisting the help from the other kids has helped.  However, we do have to have them done by next week.  Eeeeek! 

Every child has been blessed with a hand crafted ornament for each of their classmates.  I've done this for all of the kids, and many times for each one.  Each Christmas I make, and hand wrap, a handmade ornament and make a creative treat container filled with goodies.  It's been a tradition of mine and now I only have one child in elementary.   I sure hope they like it.

I've been busy with a family member's health situation, and have been gone a lot.  I'm running out of time to get ready for Christmas.   The pets have even missed me.  I came home to find that one dog had stolen one of my slippers, and we still cannot find it.  He usually gives it back the same day.  He must be really mad at me.  I guess I have some schmoozing to do. 

No comments: