Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Family Photo Albums Galore!

Now that I have spent about three hours working on my English paper, I think I deserve some fun.  The sun is shining and the weather is very nice today.   I'm not sure what I will be doing yet, but I do know what the kids are doing.

The kids are putting photos into the many photo albums we have.  I took my scan disk in to Wal-mart and ordered 500 photos (some were doubles).  However, this time the employee really messed them up.  They were all completely out of order.  This is making it more difficult. 

I now have only around 600 photos on the scan disk and have the albums caught up to January of 2009 and it's almost a year later.  Sheesh!  I really need to get better at developing photos.  If my scan disk only held 28, I would be forced to develop them more quickly.  But nooooo, it can hold over 1000 photos. 

We have the main family photo album, one for each child (where duplicates go), one for gardens, one for scenery photos, one for crafts, one for food and one for renovations (before and after).  The kids love looking at their own albums, so it's all worth it.  I started each album with photos from when I was pregnant with them to the current date.  When they graduate, it becomes a gift to them to keep, along with a hope chest.

No comments: