Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kids and Watching the Sunrise ~ Preparing a child for Middle School

When our oldest daughter found out that I wrote about the younger two (on my blog), she attempted to get up early this morning. She set her alarm clock to join the other girls to watch the sunrise this morning.

I'm not surprised, but all of them slept in. Either way it didn't matter. It's raining and very cloudy today. Thank goodness we are getting rain. The vegetable, herb, and flower gardens needed water badly.

Already this morning, my 12 year old is making a dog leash with her macrame board. It's wonderful to see each child find something to improve themselves with. I may even make a second macrame board for myself.

I learned something from my oldest daughter, regarding preparing our 10 year old for middle school. Buying her a bra had not been on my mind, but new socks and underwear were. She advised me that in Middle School the girls all change for gym in the same room, where everyone can see every one's everything. She let me know I should buy some training bras to ease that situation and help her feel less awkward in during physical education. With so many children going in so many directions, it was definitely helpful to get this information. Hopefully it will help other parents sending their daughter's into Middle School for the first time.

No comments: