Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Christmas Handmade 2009 Update


Crocheted lip balm holders for each of the girls. I'm using leftover slipper yarn, so each girl will have matching slippers and lip balm holder. I'll be attaching a lanyard clip and ring to each one before I wrap them. These will be stocking stuffers.



Here are 3 pairs of slippers completed. I found buttons from $2.00-3.50 (2 per package), on clearance from $.50 to $.97! What a deal! The camo slippers have deer crossing buttons I found in clearance for $.50! I'm working on the 4th and 5th pair. They know they are getting them. They picked their color of yarn and they picked out their buttons. I had to size them as I crocheted them, so I needed their feet anyway. Believe it or not, but they are trying to make me give them the slippers now. Ha, ha, ha!

Now the challenge remains on what to make my 17 year old son. I'm looking for more bootie type slipper patterns for him.

No comments: