One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Crocheted Flower Dishcloth, Cup Coaster

This is a flower dishcloth pattern I found on
Coats and Clark's Web site. You can register for free patterns to arrive in you e-mail inbox to receive more projects. The pattern calls for two colors, so that the middle is a solid color and the outside edge is multi-colored. For practice purposes, I just used the same color. I have to say this pattern was more challenging for me, due to it being circular. I will now be much better at crocheting my rag rug. I must have taken this one apart about ten times before I got it right. This one turned out about 8 1/2 inches in diameter.



This was the Loopy Flower Coaster pattern I found at Craft Pattern Central. I just used what color of yarn I had on hand to practice. These will make nice gifts for teachers, family, and friends. Easy for beginners also. Mine turned out about 5 inches in diameter.

No comments: