Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 17, 2009

Sunny Spring Weather

The weather is absolutely gorgeous out today. A perfect day to finish up all the laundry and take it outside to dry on the clothes line.

I have two Lindt Lindor Truffles left from Easter. I bought myself a bag and that was the extend of my chocolate. They are so good! The inside feels cool as it melts in my mouth. The only way to eat them is to put the entire ball in your mouth and let it melt. Never chew it! Yum!

Tonight is "Kid's Cook Night". However, only one kid will be cooking. With the help of her Nintendo Training game, she will not be needing my help. I can't wait to taste it. In exchange for her cooking, I am doing her dish duty for tonight.

The kittens are growing fast, and a second one has almost opened his eyes entirely. I pray we find homes for them all.

I have learned to keep a house key in my pocket when I am taking laundry outside or sitting on the patio. Jesse (smallest dog) gets antsy and will chew on the door knob, pushing in the button lock, and locking me out.

No comments: