Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 24, 2009

Blast to the Past - Summer Library Theme for 2009 - The Oregon Trail and Westward Expansion


As an avid reader, and profound love for the pioneer life, I went searching for more books at the library. I found a series by Al Lacy that I had not read and have already started the second in the series. Be sure to include these series in your summer reading.

The Angel of Mercy Series, by Al Lacy
*Book 1: A Promise for Breanna
*Book 2: Faithful Heart
*Book 3: Captive Set Free
*Book 4:

After starting to read this series, I found that a series was printed prior to this one. I am searching inter loan locations to read them.

The Journeys of the Stranger Series, by Al Lacy

I hope you enjoy these books and take time to read this summer. Children who see their parents read are encouraged. Encouraged children succeed.

No comments: