Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 30, 2009

Surviving a School Snow Day

The kids got out the old family videos the other day, and have been watching them every night since. I have a difficult time watching them because I love babies. When I see the kids on the movies, when they were babies, I just want to pick one up and kiss it all over.

Last night, my 7 year old daughter brought her baby dolls to my room. She not only has twins, but a third doll. This third doll is so loved that she has scotch taped the leg. I was busily crocheting a blanket I started back in November, when I looked up to hear her talking to herself.

"It takes all the depression away, you just look at 'em and it makes you smile....mmmmm(kissing over and over)".

There she was smothering her doll baby's cheeks with kisses and squeezing it with hugs. And that's not all. She pulls out her changing pad, one that I used to use with her as a baby, and asks me for complete instructions on which way to lay the baby, which way to take off her clothes, diaper her, and redress her.

Now I not only babysit "Rose" the frog and her Webkins, but now Rosie and her twins. Looking at her is like looking at myself.

No comments: