Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 2, 2009

After Christmas/New Year's Fun and Rest - Reading Old Blog Drafts

Sharing a blogspot draft, that never got posted, and was written January 2, 2009.  Hope you enjoy it.


I am definitely not the Queen of Candy Land. I played my seven year old three times and she won them all. Then she played the other kids and beat them also. I also had fun playing DDR with older kids. Boy oh boy do I need some exercise. If you haven't tried it you should. I'm told it even tracks how many miles you go on DDR with dancing. I may have found a new way to lose weight.

The Christmas decorations are down and the tree is going back in the box. I can already feel the dread vibrations from the kids, as school vacation comes to an end. I too dread the time away from them. I am one of those mothers who would rather be around them.

Speaking of being around them, I was absolutely shocked to find out that one my older teens, could not remember how to write cursive. I was told that their 3rd grade teacher said they will not have to use it ever again in their lifetime. Now being a concerned parent, and very up to date with the lack of proper teaching in public schools, I am printing off free printables to re-teach my teenager how to write in cursive.

Also, as school is approaching, I have been told by one of my elementary children that they belong to a special reading group. I had no knowledge of this and have become concerned about the lack of communication and the simple lack of knowing this. So now you know it's possible, that even a mother who thinks she is on top of things, can be kept form knowing everything that goes on in school.

As for these last few free days together, we plan to just hang out. Sometimes that's all that matters.

No comments: